About Me

My photo
I am an early thirty something who rules the classroom by day, voracious reader, baker and crafter by night (or any other spare time that I can find). I have been married to my husband Nick for almost four years and we enjoy spoiling our fur child-Rufus.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sweet Summertime


I'll spare you the jibber jabber and excuses on why this blog lay dormant for another five months.  Let's just say, "third time's a charm"!

This was the what I posted yesterday on Facebook, "Finished unpacking the new classroom. Bring on the pool side sitting, book devouring, concert going, cupcake baking, girlfriend lunching, Florida visiting, bad reality tv watching, baseball game attending, dog park playing SUMMER!!"

All of those and more are exactly what I plan on doing.  In fact, I have already checked one item off the list and am currently checking another one off right now!

One of my coworkers and I took our dogs to a new, beautiful dog park that opened close to us.  The dogs had a lot of fun running in the open space and then conked out in the shade for a while.  We agreed to make this a weekly occurence and throw breakfast on a patio (so the dogs can come along) in too.  And as I write this I am watching an episode of RHONJ (already watched RHONY and The Bachelorette over coffee). 

Let's look at some other items on the summer to do list,shall we? 
1) Baseball Games-not usually a huge fan because I tend to get bored and it's HOT, but my brother has been going to a lot of games lately and really enjoys it.  I figued this would be something fun to do together.  So I picked games that had fun giveaways (bobbleheads and t-shirts) naturally ;)  Go Rangers!

2) Lunch with friends, husband, mom-as a teacher I don't get lunch out much (only on Professional Development Days) so being able to go sit and relax while enjoying a meal is a treat.  I already have a few lunch dates planned and can't wait for more!

3) Florida Visiting-no words can express my love for seeing my family and putting my feet in the sand in Boca Raton.  My grandfather has been through a lot lately and I can't wait to hug his neck and catch up.  My mom and I are going together so it will be a quick trip (she can't take a lot of time off work), but there will still plenty of time for eating ourselves silly, shopping and beach walking.

4) Poolside Sitting/Book Devouring-I have never ventured to the pool at my apartment complex, but it is really nice.  I figure if I go down before the kiddos jump in it will be quiet and relaxing.  I have a HUGE stack of books on my shelf and a list a mile long my phone of books to read, I better get busy.

5) Cupcake baking-Make that doughnut baking.  I have been wanting a doughnut pan for a while now.  I think this is the pefect time to pick up a mini version and try all the yummy recipes I have had my eye on lately.  Thank you Kristin, these are the first two I am making

Other items on the to-do list include-attending the AVID Summer Institute since I will be teaching the class next year (very excited about this opportunity), substituting for a summer program called Junior Inventors, handing out free lunches to children in our district, creating a Pinterest project or two and maybe just maybe some home organization (we'll see about that one).  

Happy Summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment