About Me

My photo
I am an early thirty something who rules the classroom by day, voracious reader, baker and crafter by night (or any other spare time that I can find). I have been married to my husband Nick for almost four years and we enjoy spoiling our fur child-Rufus.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Homemade Donuts

True to the "summer to do list" I whipped up some delicious homemade donuts last week.  As I had mentioned I had been eyeing multiple delicious donut recipes found here  and here.  I marched off to Bed, Bath and Beyond with my 20% off coupon in hand to buy the much needed donut pan.  I debated between buying the little one or the big one.  Both are the same price, $9.99, but the big one produces six donuts while the baby version creates twelve.  I rationalized that eating several smaller donuts was surely better than gorging on six BIG donuts.  You agree, no?  Husband later voiced his concern over my not buying the larger one, so who knows, maybe I will end up with both! 

I created the recipe from the first link.  I spent quite a while during the gathering ingredients step searching for the baking powder I KNEW I bought.  While scouring the haphazardly stocked shelves in our pantry I was shocked at the hidden treasures I found.  I had several thoughts of "I told him it was in here." and "Yes, a can of garbanzo beans!".  I almost got sidetracked by a pantry organization project, but my desire for tasty donuts prevailed!  The list of necessities is short, the prep time a breeze and the bake time quick.  The best part-you can glaze while the donuts are still warm, heaven I tell you! 




Later I added some chocolate glaze to a few I had left plain, but sorry no picture.  Let me tell you this recipe, is divine.  You will want to put it on everything, tastes just like the stuff on donut shop delights.

I have lots more varieties I am excited to try out, including a batch with toasted coconut.  If you are still reading then you are wasting valuable donut baking time, get to it!  Happy donut making :)

No comments:

Post a Comment