About Me

My photo
I am an early thirty something who rules the classroom by day, voracious reader, baker and crafter by night (or any other spare time that I can find). I have been married to my husband Nick for almost four years and we enjoy spoiling our fur child-Rufus.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Foodie Penpal Reveal Day


I joined the Foodie Penpal program this month and couldn't be more pleased!!  Thank you Lindsay for setting it all up and allowing me to participate.

foodiepal stamp2 June Foodie Penpals Reveal Day


Not only was I spoiled by my penpal, I had a blast sending my match her box of goodies!  I was matched with Alexis from Fit-Possible. You can find her awesome blog full of exercise and healthy eating information here.  I recommend you check her out :) 

This was the package I recieved, decked out in zebra tape and a beatiful handmade card.  My dog, Rufus, was dying to know what was inside.  Me too!

Alexis was headed home to Pittsburgh and told me she was excited to send me some goodies from her favorite places. First up, were these delicious coffees and biscotti from the Presto George coffee shop .  I had to ration this biscottis out, they were so good, pefect with the coffee. 
I had seen these peeled snacks before, but never tried them.  They are organic, nothing added.  These bananas were great by the handful and on my Cheerios a few mornings.  I think I will be purchasing other varities
I'm always so jealous of blog posts full of goodies from Trader Joes so I was delighted to see a gem inside the box.  These Roasted Wasabi Seaweed snacks are out of this world.  They are spicy and crispy and really addiciting!  Alexis suggested trying them out on shrimp and rice, I think that will go on the menu this week.
Last, but not least (by any means) this bag of chocolate chip zoo cookies from an Italian import store.  I have never been to Pittsburgh, but I might have to go to check out this store.  If these cookies are any indication of what the store holds I can only imagine what other goodies are inside.  These cookies are so good!  They are thick, buttery, chocolatey.  Did I say they are good?  The great thing is you just need one or two, this helps the bag last longer.
  
I have to say how awesome Alexis is for including something extra in my box.  I have a travel theme set up for my classroom next year and when I saw Alexis is a teacher I figured she would understand my request for postcards.  She sent me several from her road trip and even offered to send me more from her next trip to NY later this summer.  See, I told you she was great :)

Do you want to join the Foodie Penpal Program for next month?  Here's all the information you need:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th!

Go here for more information

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you liked everything! I hate leaving Pittsburgh but I always make sure to bring plenty of my favorites home with me and I am glad I got to share them with you!

    ReplyDelete