About Me

My photo
I am an early thirty something who rules the classroom by day, voracious reader, baker and crafter by night (or any other spare time that I can find). I have been married to my husband Nick for almost four years and we enjoy spoiling our fur child-Rufus.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Birthday Celebration

December 27th marked the start of my 31st year! 


Wow, it's almost hard to believe!  Thirty seemed like such a big milestone but I almost feel as if this is where the REAL journey begins.  I have lots of hopes of what the next few years will have have in store. 

I started off the day by putting on a new tunic top from H&M and my favorite scarf.  I made a quick run to Starbucks for a Gingerbread Latte (yum!) and then curled up on the couch with my current book.  By the way, this book is great!  If you have the opportunity to read the Piano Teacher (and enjoy historical fiction) you will not be disappointed. 

I went out to breakfast with a great friend, she gifted me these adorable owl salt and pepper shakers! Then, we did some shopping at Kohls.  I scored this pretty necklace with my Kohls cash :)



I had lunch with my mom, dad and brother.  Obviously the theme of this birthday was eat as much as possible ;)  My dad, brother and myself were all lucky enough to be off work. My mom wasn't, so we met her there.  When I looked down at my phone to see what time it was I happened to catch the time and date on my phone (12:27 on 12/27).  This coincidence made me smile (then laugh at my silliness). 

We had a family picture, but it was less than flattering, such a shame :(  The owners of the pizza place we went to know (and love) my parents, so they gave me a cannoli at the end of our meal, so sweet!  It was delicious! 

Later on I read birthday mail from my extended family and opened gifts from my parents and brother.  I was more than spoiled and am so grateful for all of my nice gifts!  I fell in love with Le Mer watches after reading about them on http://www.keepingupwithkellyandco.com The Coach purse was from my brother (my mom helped him pick it out). 
  The birthday celebration ended with a dinner out on Friday night with the family, hubby and a good family friend.  We went to a fondue restaurant called The Melting Pot.  I had never been before and I was so amazed!  The service, the food, the presentation; it was all fabulous!


Birthdays are always a big deal in my family.  My mom always planned fun parties and made sure we had special dinners.  I love that even though we are older and busy with our individual lives, we still make time to celebrate all of birthdays together in a fun way. 


2 comments:

  1. Look at your ADORABLE LeMer watch!! Sooo jealous. I didn't get gifted one this year (no biggie as I have so many other awesome presents :-)) Maybe for my birthday I'll be lucky enough! Love the owl S&P shakers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, I feel like a celebrity stopped by :) You did get some wonderful presents-I love the owl pjs and the cute CC jewlery (that place is so much fun)!

    ReplyDelete